Prior to joining Texas Cardiovascular Arrhythmia Institute, Dr. Burkhardt served as an electrophysiologist at The Cleveland Clinic, where he developed interests in remote navigation, advanced technology assessment, and optimization of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. In 2005, he was named Associate Program Director for the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship training program and directed the Clinical Electrophysiology curriculum at the Lerner Case Western Reserve School of Medicine at The Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Burkhardt has authored or co-authored more than 30 peer-reviewed publications, 10 book chapters, 100 abstracts, and has presented at numerous national and international meetings. He has performed live cases during medical conferences, showcasing remote navigation procedures, atrial fibrillation ablation, ventricular tachycardia ablation, and epicardial ablation.
In January of 2008, he accepted a consulting position at Stereotaxis, serving as Chief Medical Officer.
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Guide to America’s Top Cardiologists (2006 & 2007 editions
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation NASPE Advanced Training Clinical Fellowship Award
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation Guidant EP Fellows Advisory Council
- University of Kentucky Chief Fellow in Cardiology 2001 and 2002
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Chief Resident’s Award of Excellence
- University of Louisville School of Medicine National Corporate Academic Scholarship
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
Internal Medicine - University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology - Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
Cardiovascular Medicine - University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY
Certifications & Memberships
American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiac Electrophysiology)
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
3000 N. IH-35
Austin, TX 78705
Phone: (512) 544-2342
8:00am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday